Imperial tour : 12 days / 11 nights - From Fez
Itinerary details :
- Arrive in Fez airport where you will be met by our driver and transferred to your hotel. You have the rest of the day at leisure. Overnight with dinner and breakfast at the Riad/Hotel.
- Enjoy a guided city tour to Explore dramatically the first imperial city of Morocco, Fes; this UNESCO World Heritage Site was founded in the 9th century, and is home to the world's oldest university. The first stop of the morning is a visit to the entrance of the largest royal palace in Morocco. We will also visit the medieval Medina with its Medersas (religious Islamic universities) Attarine and Bou Anania, the Nejjarine fountain, the Moulay Idriss mausoleum, and the Karaouine Mosque University. Enjoy a Moroccan lunch at a traditional restaurant in the Medina. Afterwards, continue to explore the medina and Its narrow alleys house hundreds of merchants and craftsmen selling a range of products such as dates, fish, spices, copper urns and musical instruments. Night with breakfast at the Riad/Hotel.
- Today we leave Fez towards Erfoud, En-route you’ll pass through a scenic forest of cedars and across the Middle Atlas Mountain range to the mineral mining city of Midelt, where a stop for lunch is scheduled. This journey continues along through the dramatic Ziz valley which is particularly well-known for its palm trees and the length of the oasis. All along the road there are innumerable ksars, small villages of individual houses. From here we reach Erfoud, famous for its date festival and fossils. After an approximate 7 hours of travel you will arrive at your final destination of Erfoud. Dinner and night in a Kasbah hotel.
- Start your Saharan journey from Erfoud with a visit to a Nomad village, and lunch a break in a Kasbah hotel by the sand dunes of Erg Chebbi. You will have some time relaxing by the pool before the next part of your adventure. You will walk or ride by camel over the sands as the sun begins to set and as you reach the magnificent Erg Chebbi sand dunes, witness them turning a wonderful red hue. As night falls, listen to the intoxicating beat of Berber drum music and song, enjoying a Moroccan home-cooked feast before sleeping under the stars in your private Berber tent.
- Wake up early with a picturesque sunrise before enjoying your breakfast, head back to Merzouga to re-join your car and continue your journey towards Todra Gorge travelling along the rugged Road of a Thousand Kasbahs. This area has long been a popular location for Hollywood films such as The Last Temptation of Christ and Jewel of the Nile. We arrive to the stunning gorges of Todra where springs of water runs between the rocks and enjoy the views of natural beauty. Take a short exploratory walk into the Todra Gorge with its high walls of pink and grey rock which surround you. We continue through the Dades valley and Rose valley to Ouarzazate. Dinner and night in a Riad/Hotel.
- Today you will enjoy a city tour of Ouarzazate, a desert city at the gates of the Sahara. Its strange name means "without noise" in the Berber language. Walk in the Taourirt Kasbah, an impressive structure that was built to house hundreds of people. Finally, You will visit one of the jewels of Morocco which is Kasbah Ait Benhaddou as a UNESCO World Heritage Site - the true treasures must be searched out and discovered… usually off the beaten path. After lunch, we travel to Marrakesh via the highest road point in Morocco, the Tichka Pass, offering an impressive landscape in the heart of the Atlas Mountain chain. Dinner and night at the Riad/Hotel.
- After breakfast you will Enjoy the guided city tour of Marrakech. The morning begins with a visit to the magnificent Koutoubia Mosque as the landmark of Marrakech which has inspired other buildings such as the Giralda of Seville and the Hassan Tower of Rabat. Your next stop is the Bahia Palace, and the Saadian Tombs. The Saadian tombs in Marrakech date back from the time of the sultan Ahmad al-Mansur. The tombs were discovered in 1917 and were restored by the Beaux-arts service. The mausoleum comprises the interments of about sixty members of the Saadian Dynasty that originated from the valley of the Draa River. After lunch break, You Continue to the world-famous Jemaa el Fna Square, which houses an array of food, snake charmers, local musicians, and fortune-tellers. There’s nowhere on Earth like the Jemaa el Fna, the square at the heart of old Marrakesh. You will also walk through the souks and view hundreds of handicrafts. Night with breakfast at the Riad/Hotel.
- After breakfast we’ll head for Essaouira. En route, you will see many Argan trees, important to the region both economically and ecologically. You may also see local goats perched in the trees feeding on the fruit and leaves. At the women's Co-operative of Argan Oil, there will be an opportunity to learn about the wide ranging applications of the oil from cosmetics to medicines. After several stops to take photographs, you will continue your travel to Essaouira. You’ll visit the Skala Fortress, the port, the souks and see Thuya wood carved by artisans, walking through the alleys of the medina and past the hundreds of handicrafts. Today you will have lunch in a Moroccan way, bought fishes ‘cooked to order’. The afternoon is free to walk and explore by yourself. Overnight accommodation with dinner at the Riad/Hotel.
- After breakfast, we will depart from the Romantic seaside town of Essaouira towards Casablanca, Morocco’s commercial capital and largest city, visit Mohammed V Square which lays claim to some of the city’s most impressive architecture, the majestic Hassan II Mosque, and the gardens, and terrace cafes overlooking the Atlantic Coast. After lunch, departure towards the administrative capital Rabat for a sightseeing tour that will include the ramparts and walls surrounding the Royal Palace, the majestic Mohammed V Mausoleum, the Hassan Tower and the Oudaya Kasbah, overlooking the Atlantic Ocean and offering fabulous views, as well as being home to Moroccan artisan galleries. Overnight in Rabat.
- After breakfast, depart from Rabat along vast agricultural fields to discover the magnificent Imperial city of Meknes. The sightseeing tour will include the massive Bab El Mansour gate, the Harri Souani stables, the old medina and the beautiful Royal palace. Then continue on to the sacred city of Mouly Idriss. You will have some time to rest at this beautiful small city before visiting the Roman ruins of Volubilis as a truly impressive setting selected by UNESCO as a cultural heritage site for humanity. After your visit depart for the imperial city of Fes for overnight in a Riad.
- Today, the entire day is at leisure to enjoy the city on your own. See the bustling Medina as UNESCO World Heritage Site, and experience the vibrant street life of the city firsthand, or perhaps relax at the Riad. Night with breakfast at the Hotel.
- Transfer to Fez airport for your return flight with plenty of tales of Arabian and Berber days and nights.
Day 1 : Arrival to Fez- Transfer to the hotel.
Day 2 : Fez City Tour
Day 3 : Fez - Cedar Forest - Ziz valley - Erfoud
Day 4 : Erfoud - Rissani - Merzouga - Erg Chebbi dunes
Day 5 : Erg Chebbi - Todra gorges - Dades valley - Rose valley - Ouarzazate
Day 6 : Ouarzazate - Ait benhadou Kasbah - Atlas Mountains - Marrakech
Day 7 : Marrakech City Tour
Day 8 : Marrakech - Essaouira
Day 9 : Essaouira - Casablanca - Rabat
Day 10 : Rabat - Meknes - Volubilis - Fez
Day 11 : Free day in Fez
Day 12 : Fez - Back Home
What is Included :
- Private air conditioned vehicle at disposal.
- Private English Speaking driver throughout your Journey.
- 11 nights' accommodation in the category of hotel chosen.
- Daily breakfast.
- Dinner as mentioned in the itinerary.
- Camel treks, where applicable, with the services of a local camel guide.
- Sightseeing by English Speaking local guides as per itinerary.
- Entrance fees to the monuments & Museums.
- Hotel Taxes & Service charges.
What is Excluded :
- Air fare travel.
- Dinner as mentioned in the itinerary.
⇒ The price for the tours will be dependent on numbers, the higher the number of people in your party the lower the cost per person.
⇒ All accommodation will be private, you will only share vehicles, if applicable.
⇒ We are not liable for personal injury or loss of your own property. You should take reasonable care with your belongings at all times.
Booking now! :
Please complete our contact form below with requested information so that we can get an accurate Morocco Tour proposal to you promptly, Fields marked with (*) are required.