Imperial tour : 12 days / 11 nights - From Casablanca
Itinerary details :
- Welcome to Morocco! Arrival to Med V airport in Casablanca where you will meet your driver. The driver will provide a brief review of your tour. Dinner & night at the hotel.
- After breakfast at the hotel, you will have a tour of the Hassan II mosque. You will then leave towards Fes. On route, you will stop in Rabat, the capital city of Morocco, for lunch and a time to enjoy the beautiful coastal city. After lunch you will continue to discover the Imperial city of Meknes known as the “Moroccan Versailles.” Meknes was founded in the 17th century by King Moulay Ismail. It is famous for its 25-mile-long walls , and then you will set out to the ancient Roman ruins of Volubilis . You will spend a good time to explore the 2000-year-old ruins - getting a picture of life during the Roman Empire. You will head travel to your final destination for the day Fes for the night.
- Enjoy a guided city tour to Explore dramatically the first imperial city of Morocco, Fes; this UNESCO World Heritage Site was founded in the 9th century, and is home to the world's oldest university. The first stop of the morning is a visit to the entrance of the largest royal palace in Morocco. We will also visit the medieval Medina with its Medersas (religious Islamic universities) Attarine and Bou Anania, the Nejjarine fountain, the Moulay Idriss mausoleum, and the Karaouine Mosque University. Enjoy a Moroccan lunch at a traditional restaurant in the Medina. Afterwards, continue to explore the medina and Its narrow alleys house hundreds of merchants and craftsmen selling a range of products such as dates, fish, spices, copper urns and musical instruments. Night with breakfast at the Riad/Hotel.
- Today we leave Fez towards Erfoud, En-route you’ll pass through a scenic forest of cedars and across the Middle Atlas Mountain range to the mineral mining city of Midelt, where a stop for lunch is scheduled. This journey continues along through the dramatic Ziz valley which is particularly well-known for its palm trees and the length of the oasis. All along the road there are innumerable ksars, small villages of individual houses. From here we reach Erfoud, famous for its date festival and fossils. After an approximate 7 hours of travel you will arrive at your final destination of Erfoud. Dinner and night in a Kasbah hotel.
- Start your Saharan journey from Erfoud with a visit to a Nomad village, and lunch a break in a Kasbah hotel by the sand dunes of Erg Chebbi. You will have some time relaxing by the pool before the next part of your adventure. You will walk or ride by camel over the sands as the sun begins to set and as you reach the magnificent Erg Chebbi sand dunes, witness them turning a wonderful red hue. As night falls, listen to the intoxicating beat of Berber drum music and song, enjoying a Moroccan home-cooked feast before sleeping under the stars in your private Berber tent.
- Your day starts early with a picturesque sunrise before enjoying a special breakfast, head back to Merzouga to re-join your car and continue your journey towards Todra Gorge travelling along the rugged Road of a Thousand Kasbahs. This area has long been a popular location for Hollywood films such as The Last Temptation of Christ and Jewel of the Nile. We arrive to the stunning gorges of Todra where springs of water runs between the rocks and enjoy the views of natural beauty. Take a short exploratory walk into the Todra Gorge with its high walls of pink and grey rock which surround you. We continue through the Dades valley. Dinner and night in a Kasbah hotel.
- Today after breakfast starts with an easy stroll through Dades Valley and The Valley of the Roses providing numerous opportunities to take some of your best photographic shots of the trip in both the valley, famous for its roses. We’ll stop at Kalaa Mgouna, “the rose city”, to purchase the rosewater, which will make your linen smell good a long time after your trip is over. Continuing on to Skoura to visit the Kasbah Ameridil. The tour continues to Ouarzazate, “the Hollywood of Africa”, whose geography and beautiful landscapes has attracted many world class movie producers. Here you may choose to visit the studios where some of the famous movies were filmed such as The Mummy and Gladiator. We will pass by Ait Ben Haddou Kasbah as a UNESCO heritage site. After that, we will begin to cross the high Atlas mountains with many panoramic views and attractive Berber villages to reach Marrakech. Dinner and night in a Riad/Hotel.
- After breakfast you will Enjoy the guided city tour of Marrakech. The morning begins with a visit to the magnificent Koutoubia Mosque as the landmark of Marrakech which has inspired other buildings such as the Giralda of Seville and the Hassan Tower of Rabat. Your next stop is the Bahia Palace, and the Saadian Tombs. The Saadian tombs in Marrakech date back from the time of the sultan Ahmad al-Mansur. The tombs were discovered in 1917 and were restored by the Beaux-arts service. The mausoleum comprises the interments of about sixty members of the Saadian Dynasty that originated from the valley of the Draa River. After lunch break, You Continue to the world-famous Jemaa el Fna Square, which houses an array of food, snake charmers, local musicians, and fortune-tellers. There’s nowhere on Earth like the Jemaa el Fna, the square at the heart of old Marrakesh. You will also walk through the souks and view hundreds of handicrafts. Night with breakfast at the Riad/Hotel.
- After breakfast we’ll head for Essaouira. En route, you will see many Argan trees, important to the region both economically and ecologically. You may also see local goats perched in the trees feeding on the fruit and leaves. At the women's Co-operative of Argan Oil, there will be an opportunity to learn about the wide ranging applications of the oil from cosmetics to medicines. After several stops to take photographs, you will continue your travel to Essaouira. You’ll visit the Skala Fortress, the port, the souks and see Thuya wood carved by artisans, walking through the alleys of the medina and past the hundreds of handicrafts. Today you will have lunch in a Moroccan way, bought fishes ‘cooked to order’. The afternoon is free to walk and explore by yourself. Overnight accommodation with dinner at the Riad/Hotel.
- Today is at leisure to explore the medina. You will have the opportunity to see the Mellah, the former Jewish quarter and The Medina as a UNESCO World Heritage Site with beautiful arts and crafts to be found, including objects carved out of local Thuya wood. You will enjoy a mint tea in one of the local cafés and explore the Atlantic-facing sandy beach. Night with breakfast at the Riad/Hotel.
- After breakfast, departure to Casablanca via the picturesque coastal road, stopping in Oualidia for a fish lunch in a local restaurant with sea view. Continue to El jadida, sightseeing in the town includes the famous citadel, built under the Portuguese occupation in the 16th century. Arrival to Casablanca late afternoon. Night with breakfast at the hotel.
- Transfer to Casablanca Mohammed V International airport for your return flight with plenty of tales of Arabian and Berber days and nights.
Day 1 : Arrival to Casablanca - Transfer to the hotel.
Day 2 : Casablanca - Rabat - Meknes - Volubilis - Fez
Day 3 : Fez City Tour
Day 4 : Fez - Ifrane - Cedar Forest - Midelt - Ziz Valley - Erfoud
Day 5 : Erfoud - Rissani - Merzouga - Erg Chebbi dunes
Day 6 : Erg Chebbi dunes - Todra gorges - Dades gorges
Day 7 : Dades gorges - Rose valley - Ouarzazate - Ait Benhdaou - Marrakech
Day 8 : Marrakech City Tour
Day 9 : Marrakech - Essaouira
Day 10 : Essaouira Relaxing day
Day 11 : Essaouira - Casablanca
Day 12 : Casablanca - Back Home.
What is Included :
- Private air conditioned vehicle at disposal.
- Private English Speaking driver throughout your Journey.
- 11 nights' accommodation in the category of hotel chosen.
- Daily breakfast.
- Dinner as mentioned in the itinerary.
- Camel treks, where applicable, with the services of a local camel guide.
- Sightseeing by English Speaking local guides as per itinerary.
- Entrance fees to the monuments & Museums.
- Hotel Taxes & Service charges.
What is Excluded :
- Air fare travel.
- Dinner as mentioned in the itinerary.
⇒ The price for the tours will be dependent on numbers, the higher the number of people in your party the lower the cost per person.
⇒ All accommodation will be private, you will only share vehicles, if applicable.
⇒ We are not liable for personal injury or loss of your own property. You should take reasonable care with your belongings at all times.
Booking now! :
Please complete our contact form below with requested information so that we can get an accurate Morocco Tour proposal to you promptly, Fields marked with (*) are required.