Enchanting Morocco : 12 days / 11 nights - From Marrakech
Journey to Morocco's famous cities bursting with rich cultural traditions. Walk through the colorful intricate laneways of the medina, travel across the foothills of the Mountains and enjoy the distinctive architecture of Kasbahs.
Itinerary details :
- Upon Arrival to Marrakech airport, you will meet your driver. The driver will provide a brief review of your tour. Dinner & night at the hotel.
- After breakfast, you will meet a knowledgeable tour guide for a guided tour of Marrakech city. The tour includes a visit to the magnificent Koutoubia Mosque as the landmark of Marrakech which has inspired other buildings such as the Giralda of Seville and the Hassan Tower of Rabat. Your next stop is the Bahia Palace, and the Saadian Tombs. The Saadian tombs in Marrakech date back from the time of the sultan Ahmad al-Mansur. The tombs were rediscovered in 1917 and were restored by the Beaux-arts service. The mausoleum comprises the interments of the Saadian Dynasty members originated from the valley of the Draa River. After lunch, You Continue to the world-famous Jemaa el Fna Square, which houses an array of food, snake charmers, local musicians, and fortune-tellers. There’s nowhere on Earth like the Jemaa el Fna, the square at the heart of old Marrakesh. You will also walk through the souks and view hundreds of handicrafts. Night with breakfast at the Riad/Hotel.
- Today departure from Marrakech south up to Asni weekly market every Saturday then to Imlil (1740m), set in the top level foothills of the High Atlas mountains, a main trailhead with paths branching out in all directions. Upon arrival, we leave the car with a welcome glass of mint tea in the village where you meet a local guide prior to setting out for a walking tour. The tour starts south to the Berber village of Aroumd passing the jagged Western High Atlas peaks of the Toubkal Massif overlooking ancient irrigated terraced fields of barley, corn and vegetables and always surrounded by almond and walnut trees. We thence carry on for another Half an Hour to get to our lunch which will be served among a Berber family in the village of Achayn prior to setting off back down the other side of the valley back to Imlil for the night with dinner in a typical Berber family house.
- Today we start a fresh day with a drive through the magnificent Atlas Mountains and the pass of Tichka (2260 m), offering an impressive landscape in the heart of the Atlas Mountain chain to Ouarzazate where many famous movies have been shot such Alexander the Great, The Mummy, The jewel of the Nile, Kingdom of heaven Etc...The scenery is absolutely stunning. We stop in the kasbah of Ait Benhaddou one of the most spectacular fortresses in the South of Morocco and a UNESCO world heritage site. Lunch in Ouarzazate as "The Hollywood of Africa". We continue our journey to the valley of Roses known for its annual festival during the roses harvest in May. Spend the night with dinner in Dades valley.
- After breakfast, departure from Dades valley towards the Todra Gorges where many rock climbers come to enjoy their preferred sport. Later we continue our journey, following the ancient Bedouin trading routes parallel with the Middle Atlas, passing a series of the fortified villages with outstanding pre-Saharian architecture. The route to Erfoud is one of the most pleasing of all the Southern routes. The town is in a dry red built of desert and was built by the French as a central administration town. It is known for its rich black fossils marble. The stone is sculpted to bring the fossils into relief on everything from ashtrays to washbasins and more. We head down to the spectacular Merzouga dunes where sand dunes signify the start of the mighty Sahara Desert. We leave our vehicle and take a camel ride into the desert to a Berber camp. To seal this as an experience of a life time, why not surf the Sahara Desert and try sand Dunes Boarding! After dinner we gather round the fire and enjoy the desert night perhaps with traditional Berber drums.
- After a picturesque sunrise with breakfast at the camp, you will leave the desert riding the camels to Merzouga to venture into the Atlas Mountains heading a different part of Morocco. We cross the verdant oasis and magnificent Ziz Gorges carved through volcanic rock, and through the Tizi Ntalghamt Pass to Midelt passing millions of palm trees and fortified villages characterized by fascinating southern architecture. We stop for lunch in the small town of Midelt, a sleepy village flanked by the verdant beauty of the Middle Atlas Mountains, bursting with colorful minerals that mottle the mountainside in a blaze of ruby. Continue through the Middle Atlas mountain range and great forests of cedar trees, terraced farms and sienna mud-brick Berber villages via Ifran a charming ski resort and Azrou an important handicraft centre specialized in the work of cedar wood. Dinner and night in Fez.
- Enjoy a guided city tour to Explore dramatically the first imperial city of Morocco, Fes; this UNESCO World Heritage Site was founded in the 9th century, and is home to the world's oldest university. The first stop of the morning is a visit to the entrance of the largest royal palace in Morocco. We will also visit the medieval Medina with its Medersas (religious Islamic universities) Attarine and Bou Anania, the Nejjarine fountain, the Moulay Idriss mausoleum, and the Karaouine Mosque University. Enjoy a Moroccan lunch at a traditional restaurant in the Medina. Afterwards, continue to explore the medina and Its narrow alleys house hundreds of merchants and craftsmen selling a range of products such as dates, fish, spices, copper urns and musical instruments. Night with breakfast at the Riad/Hotel.
- After breakfast depart from Fes to the charming Chefchaouen. Drive through the breathtaking landscapes of the fertile coastal plains. Continue the road until you arrive in the region of the Rif Mountains which is the heart and location of the quiet blue and white washed city of Chefchaouen. Spend the day wandering the blue washed narrow alleys of the friendly medina. Visit the walled fortress of the Kasbah contains beautiful gardens, near which is the small museum and art gallery which houses the rich culture of the Rif Mountains. From the rooftop of the Kasbah view a spectacular panorama of the blue and white washed houses, tiled roofs and tiny balconies. After exploring the medina, walk in the nearby hillsides with the wonderful and magnificent waterfalls. The town offers many native handicrafts that are not available elsewhere in Morocco, such as wool garments and woven blankets. The goat cheese native to the area is also popular. Dinner and night in a guest House.
- Drive from Chefchaouen via the green lush of the Rif Mountains towards Tangier, an ancient Phoenician town, located at the point where the waters of the Mediterranean and the Atlantic meet. The surrounding mountains provide a magnificent backdrop to this intriguing city, the gateway to Africa from Europe, which has always been an international melting pot. Take a tour of Tangier and explore the bustling medina, and city surrounds, and enjoy the stunning vista where the Mediterranean and Atlantic oceans meet. After lunch, Continue to a headland about 12km from Tangier, ideal for admiring the Atlantic Ocean. On the way, stop to visit the Hercules Cave. According to legend, this mythical Greek half-god rested here after digging the Strait of Gibraltar. Close by is there restored Roman town of Cotta with ruins of a temple and hot-baths. The tour will include also a stop by Cape Sapartel where the Atlantic and Mediterranean meet. Dinner and night at the hotel.
- After breakfast at the hotel, departure from Tangier to Casablanca via Asilah, similar to Greece, with its whitewashed houses and blue walls and doors. Asilah is an art city with many beautiful murals covering the interior city walls. Lunch to be enjoyed in this beautiful town before we depart towards Casablanca with nice stops. Arrive at your hotel in Casablanca to check in for the night with breakfast.
- After breakfast, you will visit the economic capital Casablanca including the impressive Mosque of Hassan II, opened in 1993. It can accommodate 25,000 worshippers and is one of the only religious sites open to non-Muslims by the beautiful Corniche seaside. Take a moment to catch your breath and to admire the serenity of the Atlantic Ocean. Continue on a short drive through the residential areas of Casablanca to the city center to visit the Mohamed V Square, the Habous quarter and the Notre Dame de Lourdes Cathedral. After lunch, we will leave towards Marrakech city. Night with dinner at the hotel.
- Transfer to Marrakech airport for your return flight with plenty of tales of Arabian and Berber days and nights.
Day 1 : Arrival to Marrakech - Transfer to the hotel.
Day 2 : Marrakech City Tour
Day 3 : Marrakech - Atlas Mountains
Day 4 : Atlas Mountains - Ait benhadou - Ouarzazate - Rose valley - Dades gorges
Day 5 : Dades gorges - Todra gorges - Erfoud - Merzouga - Erg Chebbi dunes
Day 6 : Erg Chebbi - Ziz valley - Midelt - Cedar Forest - Ifrane - Fez
Day 7 : Fez City Tour
Day 8 : Fez - Chefchaouen
Day 9 : Chefchaouen - Tangier
Day 10 : Tangier - Asilah - Casablanca
Day 11 : Casablanca - Marrakech
Day 12 : Marrakech - Back to the airport
What is Included :
- Private air conditioned vehicle at disposal.
- Private English Speaking driver throughout your Journey.
- 11 nights' accommodation in the category of hotel chosen.
- Daily breakfast.
- Dinner as mentioned in the itinerary.
- Camel treks, where applicable, with the services of a local camel guide
- Sightseeing by English Speaking local guides as per itinerary.
- Entrance fees to the monuments & Museums.
- Hotel Taxes & Service charges.
What is Excluded :
- Air fare travel.
- Dinner as mentioned in the itinerary.
⇒ The price for the tours will be dependent on numbers, the higher the number of people in your party the lower the cost per person.
⇒ All accommodation will be private, you will only share vehicles, if applicable.
⇒ We are not liable for personal injury or loss of your own property. You should take reasonable care with your belongings at all times.
Booking now! :
Please complete our contact form below with requested information so that we can get an accurate Morocco Tour proposal to you promptly, Fields marked with (*) are required.