Best of Morocco : 15 days / 14 nights - From Casablanca
Discover the highlights of fascinating Morocco on this unforgettable vacation offering intriguing sites, authentic cuisine, and changing scenery that is perfect for travelers wanting to explore the real Morocco.
Itinerary details :
- Upon your arrival at Mohamed V airport in Casablanca, you will be escorted to your hotel. Your private driver will provide brief review of your tour. Overnight with dinner in Casablanca.
- After breakfast at the hotel, you will have a half-day sightseeing tour of Casablanca, the economic capital of Morocco. You will visit the gorgeous Hassan II Mosque, the Mohammad V square, the Habous district and the residential area of Anfa. You will have lunch in one of the fish restaurants located at seafront. After lunch we will follow the Barbary Coast to the imperial city of Rabat; the administrative capital city of the Kingdom. We will see Mechouar (ramparts and walls surrounding the Royal Palace), the fortified Oudaya Kasbah, the marvelous Mohamed V mausoleum and Hassan Tower. We will check-in to our Hotel in Rabat for overnight with dinner.
- After breakfast depart from Rabat to the charming Chefchaouen. Drive through the breathtaking landscapes of the fertile coastal plains. Continue the road until you arrive in the region of the Rif Mountains which is the heart and location of the quiet blue and white washed city of Chefchaouen. Spend the day wandering the blue washed narrow alleys of the friendly medina. Visit the walled fortress of the Kasbah contains beautiful gardens, near which is the small museum and art gallery which houses the rich culture of the Rif Mountains. From the rooftop of the Kasbah view a spectacular panorama of the blue and white washed houses, tiled roofs and tiny balconies. After exploring the medina, walk in the nearby hillsides with the wonderful and magnificent waterfalls. The town offers many native handicrafts that are not available elsewhere in Morocco, such as wool garments and woven blankets. The goat cheese native to the area is also popular. Dinner and night in a guest House.
- After breakfast, discover the blue washed narrow alleys of the friendly medina. Visit the walled fortress of the Kasbah contains beautiful gardens, near which is the small museum and art gallery which houses the rich culture of the Rif Mountains. From the rooftop of the Kasbah view a spectacular panorama of the blue and white washed houses, tiled roofs and tiny balconies. After exploring the medina, walk in the nearby hillsides with the wonderful and magnificent waterfalls. The town offers many native handicrafts that are not available elsewhere in Morocco, such as wool garments and woven blankets. The goat cheese native to the area is also popular. Relax over a leisurely dinner. Night at the Riad.
- Today we drive from Chefchaouen to Meknes to enjoy a guided tour of Meknes. We start our guided tour in front of the impressive 18th century Bab Mansour, the ornamental gate to the imperial city of Meknes built by Sultan Moulay Ismail . We continue our tour to the small but impressive Mausoleum of Moulay Ismail. Then we will pass by the entrance of the Meknes Royal Palace and end up at Moulay Ismail’s massive Heri es Souani. This was his personal stable & granary for his 12,000 horses. After lunch, we'll make our way through the rolling hills for a guided visit of the impressive Roman ruins of Volubilis, as a UNESCO World Heritage Site and the best preserved Roman ruins in this part of Northern Africa. Listen to your certified local guide explain about life in the Roman Empire as you peer into old bathhouses, marveling at the still-present mosaic floors and gazing up at the towering marble pillars. We leave the Roman Empire to make our way to Fez. Overnight in Fez.
- After breakfast at the Riad, start exploring the world’s largest medina date back to the 9th century walking through its alleys and small streets. Our visit starts by visiting the Royal Palace gate, the Jewish headquarter named "Mellah" built in the 16th century. We explore the medina’s many artisans’ quarters, such as the brass, copper and wedding adornment souks. The carpenters, bakers & butchers also have their area of the medina that they call home. A highlight is a visit to the famous Fes tannery, where we have great views from a panoramic viewpoint over the men hard at work treating and dying the different hides. We’ll also get to see its religious and historical heart when we visit Moulay Idriss II’s Mausoleum (the founder of Fes), the 9th century Al Karaouine University and one of the many Medersas (Koranic school). Overnight in the Riad.
- Today we leave Fez towards Erfoud, En-route you’ll pass through a scenic forest of cedars and across the Middle Atlas Mountain range to the mineral mining city of Midelt, where a stop for lunch is scheduled. This journey continues along through the dramatic Ziz valley which is particularly well-known for its palm trees and the length of the oasis. All along the road there are innumerable ksars, small villages of individual houses. From here we reach Erfoud, famous for its date festival and fossils. After an approximate 7 hours of travel you will arrive at your final destination of Erfoud. Dinner and night in a Kasbah hotel.
- Start your Saharan journey from Erfoud with a visit to a Nomad village, and lunch a break in a Kasbah hotel by the sand dunes of Erg Chebbi. You will have some time relaxing by the pool before the next part of your adventure. You will walk or ride by camel over the sands as the sun begins to set and as you reach the magnificent Erg Chebbi sand dunes, witness them turning a wonderful red hue. As night falls, listen to the intoxicating beat of Berber drum music and song, enjoying a Moroccan home-cooked feast and spend the overnight in your private tent.
- Your day starts early with a picturesque sunrise before enjoying a special breakfast, head back to Merzouga to re-join your car and continue your journey towards Todra Gorge travelling along the rugged Road of a Thousand Kasbahs. This area has long been a popular location for Hollywood films such as The Last Temptation of Christ and Jewel of the Nile. We arrive to the stunning gorges of Todra where springs of water runs between the rocks and enjoy the views of natural beauty. Take a short exploratory walk into the Todra Gorge with its high walls of pink and grey rock which surround you. We continue through the Dades valley. Dinner and night in a Kasbah hotel.
- Today after breakfast starts with an easy stroll through Dades Valley and The Valley of the Roses providing numerous opportunities to take some of your best photographic shots of the trip in both the valley, famous for its roses. We’ll stop at Kalaa Mgouna, “the rose city”, to purchase the rosewater, which will make your linen smell good a long time after your trip is over. Continuing on to Skoura to visit the Kasbah Ameridil. The tour continues to Ouarzazate, “the Hollywood of Africa”, whose geography and beautiful landscapes has attracted many world class movie producers. Here you may choose to visit the studios where some of the famous movies were filmed such as The Mummy and Gladiator. We will pass by Ait Ben Haddou Kasbah as a UNESCO heritage site. After that, we will begin to cross the high Atlas mountains with many panoramic views and attractive Berber villages to reach Marrakech. Dinner and night in a Riad/Hotel.
- After breakfast you will Enjoy the guided city tour of Marrakech. The morning begins with a visit to the magnificent Koutoubia Mosque as the landmark of Marrakech which has inspired other buildings such as the Giralda of Seville and the Hassan Tower of Rabat. Your next stop is the Bahia Palace, and the Saadian Tombs. The Saadian tombs in Marrakech date back from the time of the sultan Ahmad al-Mansur. The tombs were discovered in 1917 and were restored by the Beaux-arts service. The mausoleum comprises the interments of about sixty members of the Saadian Dynasty that originated from the valley of the Draa River. After lunch break, You Continue to the world-famous Jemaa el Fna Square, which houses an array of food, snake charmers, local musicians, and fortune-tellers. There’s nowhere on Earth like the Jemaa el Fna, the square at the heart of old Marrakesh. You will also walk through the souks and view hundreds of handicrafts. Night with breakfast at the Riad/Hotel.
- After breakfast we’ll head for Essaouira. En route, you will see many Argan trees, important to the region both economically and ecologically. You may also see local goats perched in the trees feeding on the fruit and leaves. At the women's Co-operative of Argan Oil, there will be an opportunity to learn about the wide ranging applications of the oil from cosmetics to medicines. After several stops to take photographs, you will continue your travel to Essaouira. You’ll visit the Skala Fortress, the port, the souks and see Thuya wood carved by artisans, walking through the alleys of the medina and past the hundreds of handicrafts. Today you will have lunch in a Moroccan way, bought fishes ‘cooked to order’. The afternoon is free to walk and explore by yourself. Overnight accommodation with dinner at the Riad/Hotel.
- Today is at leisure to explore the medina. You will have the opportunity to see the Mellah, the former Jewish quarter and The Medina as a UNESCO World Heritage Site with beautiful arts and crafts to be found, including objects carved out of local Thuya wood. You will enjoy a mint tea in one of the local cafés and explore the Atlantic-facing sandy beach. Night with breakfast at the Riad/Hotel.
- After breakfast, departure to Casablanca via the picturesque coastal road, stopping in Oualidia for a fish lunch in a local restaurant with sea view. Continue to El jadida, sightseeing in the town includes the famous citadel, built under the Portuguese occupation in the 16th century. Arrival to Casablanca late afternoon. Night with breakfast at the hotel.
- Transfer to Casablanca Mohammed V International airport for your return flight with plenty of tales of Arabian and Berber days and nights.
Day 1 : Arrival to Casablanca
Day 2 : Casablanca - Rabat
Day 3 : Rabat - Chefchaouen
Day 4 : Explore The Blue Chefchaouen
Day 5 : Chefchaouen - Meknes - Volubilis - Fez
Day 6 : Fez Sightseeing Tour
Day 7 : Fez - Ifrane - Cedar Forest - Midelt - Ziz Valley - Erfoud
Day 8 : Erfoud - Rissani - Merzouga - Erg Chebbi dunes
Day 9 : Erg Chebbi dunes - Todra gorges - Dades gorges
Day 10 : Dades gorges - Rose valley - Ouarzazate - Ait Benhdaou - Marrakech
Day 11 : Marrakech City Tour
Day 12 : Marrakech - Essaouira
Day 13 : Essaouira Relaxing day
Day 14 : Essaouira - Casablanca
Day 15 : Casablanca - Back Home.
What is Included :
- Private air conditioned vehicle at disposal.
- Private English Speaking driver throughout your Journey.
- 14 nights' accommodation in the category of hotel chosen.
- Daily breakfast.
- Dinner as mentioned in the itinerary.
- Camel treks, where applicable, with the services of a local camel guide.
- Sightseeing by English Speaking local guides as per itinerary.
- Entrance fees to the monuments & Museums.
- Hotel Taxes & Service charges.
What is Excluded :
- Air fare travel.
- Dinner as mentioned in the itinerary.
⇒ The price for the tours will be dependent on numbers, the higher the number of people in your party the lower the cost per person.
⇒ All accommodation will be private, you will only share vehicles, if applicable.
⇒ We are not liable for personal injury or loss of your own property. You should take reasonable care with your belongings at all times.
Booking now! :
Please complete our contact form below with requested information so that we can get an accurate Morocco Tour proposal to you promptly, Fields marked with (*) are required.