Morocco Eco Tour : 12 days / 11 nights - From Marrakech
Itinerary details :
- Upon Arrival to Marrakech airport, you will meet your driver. The driver will provide a brief review of your tour. Dinner & night at the hotel.
- After breakfast, you will meet a knowledgeable tour guide for a guided tour of Marrakech city. The tour includes a visit to the magnificent Koutoubia Mosque as the landmark of Marrakech which has inspired other buildings such as the Giralda of Seville and the Hassan Tower of Rabat. Your next stop is the Bahia Palace, and the Saadian Tombs. The Saadian tombs in Marrakech date back from the time of the sultan Ahmad al-Mansur. The tombs were rediscovered in 1917 and were restored by the Beaux-arts service. The mausoleum comprises the interments of the Saadian Dynasty members originated from the valley of the Draa River. After lunch, You Continue to the world-famous Jemaa el Fna Square, which houses an array of food, snake charmers, local musicians, and fortune-tellers. There’s nowhere on Earth like the Jemaa el Fna, the square at the heart of old Marrakesh. You will also walk through the souks and view hundreds of handicrafts. Night with breakfast at the Riad/Hotel.
- Today departure from Marrakech south up to Asni weekly market every Saturday then to Imlil (1740m), set in the top level foothills of the High Atlas mountains, a main trailhead with paths branching out in all directions. Upon arrival, we leave the car with a welcome glass of mint tea in the village where you meet a local guide prior to setting out for a walking tour. The tour starts south to the Berber village of Aroumd passing the jagged Western High Atlas peaks of the Toubkal Massif overlooking ancient irrigated terraced fields of barley, corn and vegetables and always surrounded by almond and walnut trees. We thence carry on for another Half an Hour to get to our lunch which will be served among a Berber family in the village of Achayn prior to setting off back down the other side of the valley back to Imlil for the night with dinner in a typical Berber family house.
- After breakfast, enjoy the sunshine on the flourished valleys & the marvelous typical Berber villages, You leave Imlil for a real discovery of the surroundings Berber villages and local people meeting. After few hours hiking, Stop for our field picnic lunch under walnut groves and relax near the river. The walking tour goes further with a spectacular view over Imlil valley & Toubkal Summit. Dinner and night in the typical Berber style house.
- Today we start a fresh day with a drive through the magnificent Atlas Mountains and the pass of Tichka (2260 m), offering an impressive landscape in the heart of the Atlas Mountain chain to Ouarzazate where many famous movies have been shot such Alexander the Great, The Mummy, The jewel of the Nile, Kingdom of heaven Etc...The scenery is absolutely stunning. We stop in the kasbah of Ait Benhaddou one of the most spectacular fortresses in the South of Morocco and a UNESCO world heritage site. Lunch in Ouarzazate as "The Hollywood of Africa". We continue our journey to the valley of Roses known for its annual festival during the roses harvest in May. Spend the night with dinner in Dades valley.
- After breakfast, departure from Dades valley towards the Todra Gorges where many rock climbers come to enjoy their preferred sport. Later we continue our journey, following the ancient Bedouin trading routes parallel with the Middle Atlas, passing a series of the fortified villages with outstanding pre-Saharian architecture. The route to Erfoud is one of the most pleasing of all the Southern routes. The town is in a dry red built of desert and was built by the French as a central administration town. It is known for its rich black fossils marble. The stone is sculpted to bring the fossils into relief on everything from ashtrays to washbasins and more. We head down to the spectacular Merzouga dunes where sand dunes signify the start of the mighty Sahara Desert. We leave our vehicle and take a camel ride into the desert to a Berber camp. To seal this as an experience of a life time, why not surf the Sahara Desert and try sand Dunes Boarding! After dinner we gather round the fire and enjoy the desert night perhaps with traditional Berber drums.
- Today you will wake up early to enjoy the sunrise over the dunes of Merzouga. Breakfast at the camp. Then, The journey continues Rissani (The Alaouite bithplace) and a very busy commercial trade centre sun-saharan African and to the North. The drive goes further towards the Draa valley through the village of Tazzarine (featured in "Babel" film), crossing the rocky mountains and couple of other villages. Lunch in N’kob village. The journey takes us further to Tanasikht the ancient road caravan. We cross Draa valley over the clinging landscapes and magnificent palm groves. Arrival to Zagora for overnight with dinner.
- After breakfast at the hotel, we’ll depart from Agdez towards Taznakht, home of a Berber village and an important centre for carpet weaving. This is where we’ll also have lunch. Afterwards, we’ll continue towards Tailouine, where saffron originated, taking time to visit a saffron cooperative or time your visit for the saffron harvest festival in October. We continue towards Taroudant, an old city decorated with ancient walls and the authentic narrow streets. Night with dinner in a hotel.
- After breakfast at the hotel, visit the ancient town of Taroudant before you depart to the vibrant coastal city of Agadir where you will enjoy lunch with its stunning beach and corniche. Afterwards, we depart to Essaouira, a wonderfully relaxed coastal fishing town where you can explore its Phoenician, Berber, Portuguese, Jewish, and French origins in the well-preserved architecture, small alleyways and enchanting medina. Stroll through the serene squares, browse artisan shops and galleries, and observe the handicrafts of the ’tuya’ wood found only in Morocco or head down to the port to check out the day’s catch. Overnight in Essaouira with dinner.
- Today is at leisure to explore the medina of Essaouira. You will have the opportunity to see the Mellah, the former Jewish quarter and The Medina as a UNESCO World Heritage Site with beautiful arts and crafts to be found, including objects carved out of local Thuya wood. You will enjoy a mint tea in one of the local cafés and explore the Atlantic-facing sandy beach. Night with dinner at the hotel.
- After breakfast, you have the choice either to enjoy the morning in this charming whitewashed town on the Atlantic coast and a popular beach destination. If not you drive back to Marrakech as the starting point of your Morocco vacation. The afternoon is at leisure to make your way to bustling Jemaa el-Fnaa to observe the people of Marrakech and explore the magical circus that fortune tellers, henna artists, fire eaters, snake charmers, dancing monkeys, story tellers, medicine men, Gnawas, and acrobats call home.Night with breakfast at the hotel.
- Transfer to Marrakech airport for your return flight with plenty of tales of Arabian and Berber days and nights.
Day 1 : Arrival to Marrakech - Transfer to the hotel.
Day 2 : Marrakech City Tour
Day 3 : Marrakech - Atlas Mountains
Day 4 : Atlas Mountains Explore
Day 5 : Atlas Mountains - Ait benhadou - Ouarzazate -Rose valley - Dades gorges
Day 6 : Dades gorges - Todra gorges - Erfoud - Merzouga - Erg Chebbi dunes
Day 7 : Merzouga Desert - Tazarine - Draa valley - Zagora
Day 8 : Zagora - Agdez - Taliouine - Taroudante
Day 9 : Taroudant - Agadir - Essaouira
Day 10 : Explore Essaouira
Day 11 : Essaouira - Marrakech
Day 12 : Marrakech - Back to the airport
What is Included :
- Private air conditioned vehicle at disposal.
- Private English Speaking driver throughout your Journey.
- 11 nights' accommodation in the category of hotel chosen.
- Daily breakfast.
- Dinner as mentioned in the itinerary.
- Camel treks, where applicable, with the services of a local camel guide.
- Sightseeing by English Speaking local guides as per itinerary.
- Entrance fees to the monuments & Museums.
- Hotel Taxes & Service charges.
What is Excluded :
- Air fare travel.
- Dinner as mentioned in the itinerary.
⇒ The price for the tours will be dependent on numbers, the higher the number of people in your party the lower the cost per person.
⇒ All accommodation will be private, you will only share vehicles, if applicable.
⇒ We are not liable for personal injury or loss of your own property. You should take reasonable care with your belongings at all times.
Booking now! :
Please complete our contact form below with requested information so that we can get an accurate Morocco Tour proposal to you promptly, Fields marked with (*) are required.