Splendors of Morocco Tour : 10 days / 09 nights - From Marrakech
Itinerary details :
- Welcome to Morocco! Arrival to Menara airport in Marrakech where you will meet your driver. The driver will provide a brief review of your tour. Dinner & night at the hotel.
- After breakfast you will Enjoy the guided city tour of Marrakech. The morning begins with a visit to the magnificent Koutoubia Mosque as the landmark of Marrakech which has inspired other buildings such as the Giralda of Seville and the Hassan Tower of Rabat. Your next stop is the Bahia Palace, and the Saadian Tombs. The Saadian tombs in Marrakech date back from the time of the sultan Ahmad al-Mansur. The tombs were discovered in 1917 and were restored by the Beaux-arts service. The mausoleum comprises the interments of about sixty members of the Saadian Dynasty that originated from the valley of the Draa River. After lunch break, You Continue to the world-famous Jemaa el Fna Square, which houses an array of food, snake charmers, local musicians, and fortune-tellers. There’s nowhere on Earth like the Jemaa el Fna, the square at the heart of old Marrakesh. You will also walk through the souks and view hundreds of handicrafts. Night with breakfast at the Riad/Hotel.
- After breakfast, we leave Marrakech venturing through the magnificent Atlas Mountains and the pass of Tichka (2260 m), offering an impressive landscape in the heart of the Atlas Mountain chain to Ouarzazate where many famous movies have been shot such Alexander the Great, The Mummy, The jewel of the Nile, Kingdom of heaven Etc...The scenery is absolutely stunning. We stop in the kasbah of Ait Benhaddou one of the most spectacular fortresses in the South of Morocco and a UNESCO world heritage site. Lunch in Ouarzazate as "The Hollywood of Africa". We continue our journey to the valley of Roses known for its annual festival during the roses harvest in May. Spend the night with dinner in Dades valley.
- After breakfast, we start our day with a drive towards the Todra Gorges where many of rock climbers come to enjoy their preferred sport. Later we continue our journey, following the ancient Bedouin trading routes parallel with the Middle Atlas, passing a series of the fortified villages with outstanding pre-Saharian architecture. The route to Erfoud is one of the most pleasing of all the Southern routes. The town is in a dry red built of desert and was built by the French as a central administration town. It is known for its rich black fossils marble. The stone is sculpted to bring the fossils into relief on everything from ashtrays to washbasins and more. We head down to the spectacular Merzouga dunes where sand dunes signify the start of the mighty Sahara Desert. We leave our vehicle and take a camel ride into the desert to a Berber camp. To seal this as an experience of a life time, why not surf the Sahara Desert and try sand Dunes Boarding! After dinner we gather round the fire and enjoy the desert night perhaps with traditional Berber drums.
- After a picturesque sunrise with breakfast at the camp, you will leave the desert riding the camels to Merzouga to venture into the Atlas Mountains heading a different part of Morocco. We cross the verdant oasis and magnificent Ziz Gorges carved through volcanic rock, and through the Tizi Ntalghamt Pass to Midelt passing millions of palm trees and fortified villages characterized by fascinating southern architecture. We stop for lunch in the small town of Midelt, a sleepy village flanked by the verdant beauty of the Middle Atlas Mountains, bursting with colorful minerals that mottle the mountainside in a blaze of ruby. Continue through the Middle Atlas mountain range and great forests of cedar trees, terraced farms and sienna mud-brick Berber villages via Ifran a charming ski resort and Azrou an important handicraft centre specialized in the work of cedar wood. Dinner and night in Fez.
- Enjoy a guided city tour to Explore dramatically the first imperial city of Morocco, Fes; this UNESCO World Heritage Site was founded in the 9th century, and is home to the world's oldest university. The first stop of the morning is a visit to the entrance of the largest royal palace in Morocco. We will also visit the medieval Medina with its Medersas (religious Islamic universities) Attarine and Bou Anania, the Nejjarine fountain, the Moulay Idriss mausoleum, and the Karaouine Mosque University. Enjoy a Moroccan lunch at a traditional restaurant in the Medina. Afterwards, continue to explore the medina and Its narrow alleys house hundreds of merchants and craftsmen selling a range of products such as dates, fish, spices, copper urns and musical instruments. Night with breakfast at the Riad/Hotel.
- Today we leave Fez after breakfast to discover the Imperial city of Meknes known as the “Moroccan Versailles.” Meknes was founded in the 17th century by King Moulay Ismail. It is famous for its 25-mile-long walls , and then you will set out to the ancient Roman ruins of Volubilis . You will spend a good time to explore the 2000-year-old ruins - getting a picture of life during the Roman Empire. Then travel to Rabat, where you’ll enjoy an afternoon city tour of this diplomatic and administrative capital, visit the main sites like Royal Palace and the ancient ruins of Chellah, the Oudaya Kasbah, and the Hassan Tower. Dinner and night at the Riad/Hotel.
- After breakfast, drive from Rabat to Casablanca for a sightseeing tour that includes the impressive Mosque of Hassan II, opened in 1993, and second only in size to the great mosque at Mecca. It can accommodate 25,000 worshippers and is one of the only religious sites open to non-Muslims by the beautiful Corniche seaside. Take a moment to catch your breath and to admire the serenity of the Atlantic Ocean. Continue on a short drive through the residential areas of Casablanca to the city center to visit the Mohamed V Square, the Habous quarter and the Notre Dame de Lourdes Cathedral. After lunch, we will leave towards Marrakech city. Night with dinner at the Hotel.
- After breakfast we’ll head for Essaouira. En route, you will see many Argan trees, important to the region both economically and ecologically. You may also see local goats perched in the trees feeding on the fruit and leaves. At the women's Co-operative of Argan Oil, there will be an opportunity to learn about the wide ranging applications of the oil from cosmetics to medicines. After several stops to take photographs, you will continue your travel to Essaouira. You’ll visit the Skala Fortress, the port, the souks and see Thuya wood carved by artisans, walking through the alleys of the medina and past the hundreds of handicrafts. Today you will have lunch in a Moroccan way, bought fishes ‘cooked to order’. The afternoon is free to walk and explore by yourself. Departure towards Marrakech. Night with breakfast at the hotel.
- Transfer to Marrakech Menara airport for your return flight with plenty of tales of Arabian and Berber days and nights.
Day 1 : Arrival to Marrakech - Transfer to the hotel.
Day 2 : Marrakech City Tour
Day 3 : Marrakech - Ait benhadou Kasbah - Rose valley - Dades gorges
Day 4 : Dades gorges - Todra gorges - Erfoud - Merzouga - Erg Chebbi dunes
Day 5 : Erg Chebbi Desert - Ziz valley - Midelt - Cedar Forest - Ifrane - Fez
Day 6 : Fez City Tour
Day 7 : Fez - Volubilis - Meknes - Rabat
Day 8 : Rabat - Casablanca - Marrakech
Day 9 : Marrakech - Essaouira - Marrakech
Day 10 : Marrakech - Back Home
What is Included :
- Private air conditioned vehicle at disposal.
- Private English Speaking driver throughout your Journey.
- 09 nights' accommodation in the category of hotel chosen.
- Daily breakfast.
- Dinner as mentioned in the itinerary.
- Camel treks, where applicable, with the services of a local camel guide
- Sightseeing by English Speaking local guides as per itinerary.
- Entrance fees to the monuments & Museums.
- Hotel Taxes & Service charges.
What is Excluded :
- Air fare travel.
- Dinner as mentioned in the itinerary.
⇒ The price for the tours will be dependent on numbers, the higher the number of people in your party the lower the cost per person.
⇒ All accommodation will be private, you will only share vehicles, if applicable.
⇒ We are not liable for personal injury or loss of your own property. You should take reasonable care with your belongings at all times.
Booking now! :
Please complete our contact form below with requested information so that we can get an accurate Morocco Tour proposal to you promptly, Fields marked with (*) are required.